Wednesday, October 31, 2012

High Impact

Here's a new treasury of items I put together on Etsy. Some of my top October favorites.. Oddly enough, I've never actually bought anything on Etsy- I've had this feeling that it could escalate into a dangerous habit. I may start out small, with holiday gifts and chocolates. (For myself..) 
 
The slightly dark/gothic slant perfectly reflects my late fall/early winter mindset. And what better day to embrace it, than Halloween? I think I'm just stylistically circling back to where I started- as a slightly goth/punk 5th grader. Never underestimate the importance of the formative years- I have a feeling that throughout my life, I will always be drawn to spikes, studs, and black leather. Better than a childhood spent wearing twinsets and Lilly Pulitzer, I imagine..

I've been sorting through some of my own silk and sheer pieces, and realize what an obsession I've had over the years. I'm contemplating designating one of my clothing racks for the best pieces I've hoarded away.. Some of them are so beautiful, and don't get the wear they deserve. And of course, there may be a few I'll part with- on my vintage site here. I think it's best to offload a little before I give in and buy this whole treasury in a late-night, chocolate-and-wine fueled rampage.
Enjoy!
 

'1' by betenoirevintage

October favorites


Vintage 40s Organza Top . Sh...
$115.00

Womans Black detached Faux l...
$23.00

vintage 90s Clueless sheer b...
$38.00

MARY.RICH Black Textured Lam...
$275.00

Vtg. 80s Punk Rocker Studded...
$65.00

Edwardian Cream Sheer Dress ...
$244.00

black leather backpack / hug...
$95.00

vintage white blouse // coll...
$30.60

Hitchcock Bird Attack vol7 S...
$196.00

Chunky Knitted Neck Cowl - ...
$68.00

1960s 1970s Wenjilli Hong Ko...
$110.00

Vintage Womens Green Suede S...
$88.00

Leather Duffel Carry On Bag,...
$299.00

Vintage Blouse / Vintage Si...
$34.00

Leather cuff bracelet Double...
$95.00

Rich Phillips Tool Roll Heav...
$199.00

No comments:

Post a Comment