Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Florals

Everything is beautiful and blooming here, despite the rain and uncharacteristically cold weather. 
I'm finally working on designs for summer- a little late to the game, but I've never taken a particularly organized approach to my creative work. And I'm a strong believer in wearing whatever I like, no matter the season. Of course 80% of my closet is filled with black and gray, which just enables me to ignore seasonal dressing.. I own very little "summer" clothing, though I love this time of year.

I'm in the process of designing several new silkscreen designs- I realize I've been printing the same things over and over for several years, so it's time for something fresh..

Here's my floral & geometric shape design- I haven't tried printing this yet, but it should look something like this if everything goes well.. This is by far the most photographic image I've tried printing, so I'm interested to see how it translates onto a screen. I love the hyper-realistic look of the flower, overlaying the simple shapes. I'll be sticking to black and white ink for this, though I may print it onto some coral or seafoam tops I have..





 Here's some of the photos I took the other day..




No comments:

Post a Comment